Bring out your fabulous for the most colourful, quirky event down south – Gay Ski Week, where the slopes are packed with hairy bears, lovely lesbians, divine divas and queens on skis. Three world class ski fields, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Cardrona, open their doors to celebrate diversity in a great week of snow-play.
As well as skiing, there is a sizzling line-up of steamy events to warm you up after a day in the snow.
- Saturday: Broken Shed Opening party at World Bar, where popular Melbourne DJ Haylenise will be rocking it with her funky house blends.
- Sunday: Get your Anchors Away with a sizzling boat party. Take a night-time cruise on Lake Wakatipu on Southern Discoveries’ luxurious Spirit of Queenstown. Meet and mingle to music, enjoy good food and great drinks, and leave your cares behind for a night.
- Monday: Touch up your trivia at Queer Quiz Night, hosted by the gorgeously glam Ballarat Trading Co.
- Tuesday: MoreFM Comedy Night. Cuddle up with Wellington-based New York bear, comedian Neil Thornton, for a night of campy quips at Sasso Italian Restaurant.
- Wednesday: Auckland’s fabulous Caluzzi Queens Showgirls perform live Cabaret at the Skyline, followed by some dirty dancing with dazzling DJ Sparkles.
- Thursday: Karaoke at Sky City with iconic Kiwi drag queen Miss Ribena holding the mike.
- Friday: Desperadoes Wet & Wild Foam Party at Loco Cantina with Melbourne’s white wolf DJ ACraig. His smooth sugar-house music will have you pounding the floor all night long.
- Saturday: Family Bar ‘Heroes and Villains’ Dance Party. Dig out your most dastardly alter ego for a wild finale, full of flirty fun and filmy fashion. DJs Jordan Eskra and Victoria Anthony host this beauty and the beast bash at the Memorial Centre.
With such a colourful itinerary, how could it not be fun?
What: Gay Ski Week
When: Saturday 27 August to Saturday 3 September 2016
Where: Queenstown, New Zealand
How much: prices range from free to $120 for cabaret night with supper.
Packages available including event passes, accommodation and skiing.
$313.50 will nab you a Gay Ski Week pass, so come along and get your gay on!