Want to catch the best view of the Lake Wakatipu sunset? Follow the crowds to the beachfront. Want to dine in one of Queenstown’s best restaurants? Join the waiting list for a sought-after seat.
But what if we said you could now get the best sunset views in Queenstown AND dine in one of Queenstown’s best restaurants at the same time. (And without the crowds).
Welcome to Queenstown’s first dinner cruise on Lake Wakatipu.
It’s hard to imagine a better Queenstown experience than a dinner cruise on the calm waters of Lake Wakatipu on a beautiful summer evening. Every Tuesday to Saturday evening, Spirit of Queenstown sets off from St Omer Wharf to serve up breathtaking mountain views and an inspiring ‘Trust the Chef’ shared platter dining experience. At two hours long, the trip allows plenty of time to wander out on deck and soak up those world-famous views.
Here’s everything you need to know about Queenstown’s first and only dinner cruise on Lake Wakatipu
At a Glance: Spirit of Queenstown Dinner Cruise
- Spirit of Queenstown Dinner Cruise is a unique dining experience launched in January this year
- Over $200,000 has been spent refurbishing Southern Discoveries flagship vessel, Spirit of Queenstown to create a modern, stylish restaurant atmosphere.
- A completely new kitchen onboard has enticed a top-class kitchen team who create the nightly shared platters
- Dinner cruises depart at 6:30 pm from the centre of Queenstown and are timed perfectly to catch ‘the golden hour’
- Onboard, meals are served to the table and the bar offers a selection of local wines, craft beers and soft drinks.
- Tables are set for groups of two to six. Shared table seating may be a possibility for bookings of four people or less. Single diners are always welcome.
- The vessel returns to Queenstown by 8:30 pm just in time to keep the night going or head back to your hotel.
Queenstown Dinner Cruise: What’s on the menu?
Dinner aboard Spirit of Queenstown is a Trust the Chef style sharing menu with a meat or vegan/vegetarian option. The two-course meal is served to your table with a selection of seasonal vegetables and salads.
The menu has been designed by one of Queenstown’s most successful restaurateurs and showcases the region’s best produce.
The entrée is a charcuterie board of local cheeses, meats and honey. This board is sure to get the mouth watering and pairs perfectly with the Akarua wine selection. The main course is designed to share, and features barbecued beef short ribs, crispy pork belly and succulent lamb fillets. Seasonal vegetables and salads are served on the side and there are delicious gluten-free and vegan options. Designed to share, these generous platters ensure everyone has a chance to taste every aspect of the meal.
Dessert is a delicious selection of hand-crafted petit fours.
To accompany your meal, choose from the wide range of Central Otago wines from Akarua Vineyard and locally-crafted beer from Altitude Brewing Co.
Why join the Spirit of Queenstown Dinner Cruise?
Queenstown’s newest dinner cruise is ideal for those who want to enjoy one of Queenstown’s best meals at the same time as savouring one of the most beautiful times of the day out on Lake Wakatipu. It’s the perfect combination of a must-do cruise on Lake Wakatipu and a unique way to enjoy local food.
It’s not just a cruise or a dinner, it’s a New Zealand experience from start to finish!
Tables are limited on the Spirit of Queenstown dinner cruise. To avoid missing out, get your friends or family together and book your table tonight.